Industry 4.0 opportunities in Galicia: studies
- To discover the current technological level of the different productive sectors
- To identify opportunities for improvement in the industrial sector
- To adapt public policies to the needs of the companies and sectors
This study, which ended in March 2018, not only offered the opportunity for the sectors to work on these objectives, but it also served to promote the existence of these emerging technologies, including the 4.0 concept. Besides proposing specific opportunities for each sector, the study also outlined intersectoral transversal opportunities that could be implemented to facilitate cross-learning.
- More than 350 companies were interviewed, as well as different experts, clusters and sectoral associations
- 10 strategic sectors were considered (Agri-Food and Bio, Wood/Forestry, Automotives, Textile/Fashion, Aeronautics, Metalworking, ICT, Marine, Renewable Energy and Natural Stone)
- 4 business areas were analysed: quality / production / products and services and people
- 10 emerging technologies were analysed (Automation and Advanced Robotics, “Big Data, Cloud Computing and Data Analytics”, Cyber-physical Systems and IoT, Additive Manufacturing, Energy and Waste Management, “Human Machine Interface” (HMI), Advanced Logistics, Smart Materials, Modelling, Simulation and Virtualisation of Processes, and Safety and Security)
- The work team was formed by more than 40 people
This 2nd study on Opportunities for the Industry 4.0 in Galicia will focus more on the sectors, by highlighting what is being done in the leading regions on both the European and world stage.
We are just finishing our state-of-the-art studies, and we will soon begin to interview companies, clusters and associations.